Applets on the Internet
- Projectile motion: from the University of Oregon
- Simulations from Syracuse University
- Physlets from Davidson College
Applets from PHY 410/505 Computational Physics
- Newton's law of gravitation: study a mini-solar system consisting
of Sun, Earth, and Jupiter. Increase Jupiter's mass and watch the
Earth go wild!
- Molecular dynamics simulation of a gas of molecules interacting via
- Electrostatics: place electric charges and watch electric field lines
- Quantum mechanics: Find wavefunctions of a particle in a potential
and watch a wave-packet scattering from a barrier.
- Statistical mechanics: Watch a Metropolis demon generate a Gaussian
function using random numbers, and study a system of magnetic spins.
- Percolation: modeling oil deposits in a porus rock.
- Fractals: growth of a surface by random accretion.
- Conway's Game of Life: study the evolution of colonies of life forms.
Maintained by: webmaster